Registration is open for HOOPS 2022!
HOOPS is a Christian, homeschool basketball league with practices and games in the Molalla and Oregon City areas.
For over 25 years HOOPS has been dedicated to providing a Christian atmosphere for homeschoolers to play basketball.
2022 Season information
The 2022 Season will be here before we know it and we will open Registration shortly! Before you register it is important to know:
- This year, we may not be able to play at Clackamas Community College in Oregon City (CCC) as we have in the past. Games will likely take place at our practice gyms (like we did 15 or so years ago). Also, some of our gym partners may require all non-players to wear masks. We continue to monitor the mandates as they continue to change.
- There is a mandatory kickoff meeting for parents on Tuesday, January 4th at 7:00 PM at Reformation Covenant Church in Oregon City. At least one parent must attend the meeting. Additional details will be sent to registered participants.
- Registration will close on November 15th. The order in which payments were received is taken into account if there is not room enough on a team for all registrants. If you have registered we will be emailing you soon.
- The cost is $65.00 per child, payable by check only (not online), due to the possibility of cancellations because of the unpredictable mandates.
- Any cancelations must be made by January 15th for a full refund. Any cancellations after January 15th will result in the loss of any funds paid to HOOPS. If HOOPS has to turn away a player due to limited space, a full refund will be made.
- Children 7 to 18 years of age as of January 1, 2022 are eligible to participate. The HOOPS board reserves the right to adjust this as appropriate to each individual’s circumstances.
- Participants must be primarily homeschooled with less than 50% of school time in organized programs outside the home. Part of the goal here is to create opportunities for those who otherwise don’t have the same options normally offered through the common institutions because of the way we’ve chosen to educate our children.
- The 7-9 year old team is co-ed. There are separate boys and girls teams for the 10-13 and 14-18 year old teams. The HOOPS board reserves the right to rearrange the age brackets as needed.
- Teams are organized in the North and South areas based on gym availability, gym locations, registered player locations, and numbers of players in certain areas. Generally, North refers to the Oregon City area and South refers to the Molalla area.
- HOOPS is completely run by volunteers and it is expected that every family who participates will also serve in some capacity. When you register, you will be asked to volunteer for a position. This role can be fulfilled by any party of your choice (i.e. spouse, responsible child, friend). If you do not volunteer, you may be assigned a role to fulfill.