HOOPS 2024 Registration is closed
HOOPS is a Christian, homeschool basketball league with practices and games in the Molalla and Oregon City areas.
For over 25 years HOOPS has been dedicated to providing a Christian atmosphere for homeschoolers to play basketball.
2024 Season information
The 2024 Season will be here before we know it! Before you register it is important to know:
- The season schedule typically goes from early January to mid-March and is based on gym availability. Typically, practices are on Monday or Tuesday nights and games are on Friday nights, with games located at Clackamas Community College.
- As usual, rosters and volunteer assignments will be handed out at our kickoff meeting at Reformation Covenant Church in Oregon City. At least one parent must attend the meeting. Additional details will be sent to registered participants.
- Registration closed on Monday, November 6th. The order in which payments were received is taken into account if there is not room enough on a team for all registrants. If you have registered we will be emailing you soon.
- The cost is $80.00 per child (with a cap of $320 per family), paid online at time of registration.
- Any cancellations after December 8th will result in the loss of any funds paid to HOOPS. If HOOPS has to turn away a player due to limited space, a full refund will be made.
- Children 7 to 18 years of age as of January 1, 2024 are eligible to participate. The HOOPS board reserves the right to adjust this as appropriate to each individual’s circumstances.
- Participants must be primarily homeschooled with less than 50% of school time in organized programs outside the home. Part of the goal here is to create opportunities for those who otherwise don’t have the same options normally offered through the common institutions because of the way we’ve chosen to educate our children.
- The 7-9 year old team is co-ed. There are separate boys and girls teams for the 10-13 and 14-18 year old teams. The HOOPS board reserves the right to rearrange the age brackets as needed.
- Teams are organized based on gym availability, gym locations, registered player locations, player skill level, and numbers of players in certain areas.
- HOOPS is completely run by volunteers and it is expected that every family who participates will also serve in some capacity. When you register, you will be asked to volunteer for a position. This role can be fulfilled by any party of your choice (i.e. spouse, responsible child, friend). If you do not volunteer, you may be assigned a role to fulfill.