Welcome to HOOPS Basketball!
HOOPS is a Christian, homeschool basketball league with practices in the Molalla and Oregon City areas and with games at Clackamas Community College.
For over 25 years HOOPS has been dedicated to providing a Christian atmosphere for homeschoolers to play basketball.
Welcome to our new website! As an organization, we are still functioning the same as in the past, with some modern adjustments to the website.
All of the HOOPS content is now on this site, making it accessible to you on your desktop computer or your phone, eliminating the need for so many printouts.
Our same core values are now on our Mission page. For referees and coaches, our general and age specific rules can now be accessed on our For Coaches page. The descriptions of our Volunteer Roles can also be accessed. And much more!
This year we are encouraging all of our members to register online and we are now accepting credit cards.
For questions with the website please contact Dave with the Board.
2018 Season information
The 2018 Season will be here before you know it! Registration will open on October 1st. Before you register:
1. There is a mandatory kickoff meeting for parents on Tuesday, January 9th. At least one parent must attend the meeting. Additional details will be sent to registered participants.
2. Registration is closed as of November 10th. The order in which payments were received is taken into account if there is not room enough on a team for all registrants. If you have registered we will be emailing you soon.
3. The cost is $55.00 per child.
4. Any cancelations must be made by December 11th for a full refund. Any cancellations after December 11th will result in the loss of any funds paid to HOOPS. If HOOPS has to turn away a player due to limited space, a full refund will be made.
5. Children 7 to 18 years of age as of January 1, 2018 are eligible to participate. The HOOPS board reserves the right to adjust this as appropriate to each individual’s circumstances.
6. Participants must by primarily homeschooled with less than 50% of school time in organized programs outside the home. Part of the goal here is to create opportunities for those who otherwise don’t have the same options normally offered through the common institutions because of the way we’ve chosen to educate our children.
7. The 7-9 year team is co-ed. There are separate boys and girls teams for the 10-13 and 14-18 year old teams. The HOOPS board reserves the right to rearrange the age brackets as needed.
8. Games are tentatively planned to be at Clackamas Community College in Oregon City (CCC) on Friday nights.
9. Teams are organized in the North and South areas depending on the geographical locations of the players as available. Generally, North refers to the Oregon City area and South refers to the Molalla area.
10. HOOPS is completely run by volunteers. When you register, you will be asked to volunteer for a position. This role can be fulfilled by any party of your choice (i.e. spouse, responsible child, friend). If you do not volunteer, you may be assigned a role to fulfill. For descriptions of the various roles, please click here.