Terms & Conditions
For the kids
1. I agree to wear a face covering off the court if the gym requires it, and to do my best to have a good attitude about it.
2. I agree to do my best to follow the HOOPS basketball rules on the court, and the rules of the gym off the court.
3. I agree to play safely, respect other players and coaches, and display good sportsmanship.
4. I agree to submit to decisions made by referees and coaches, to do my best to have a good attitude about it, and to not talk back to them.
5. I agree to listen to other parents as they direct us to be safe and follow the rules of the gyms.
6. I agree to do my best to be at all practices and games.
7. I agree not to break anything, and to help pay for it if I do.
8. I agree to not use foul language.
For the parents
1. I assume all risks incidental to participation in the HOOPS program and agree to hold harmless the HOOPS basketball program, the organizers, coaches, referees, facility owners and operators, any qualified physician, EMT, participants or persons transporting my children. I understand that any injury that may arise out of participation in the HOOPS basketball program must be reported to the coach or team official as soon as possible but no later than 24 hours after the injury occurred.
2. I acknowledge and represent that my children are in sound physical condition able to participate in this sport. In the event of an injury to my child, I hereby grant the authority to any qualified physician or EMT to render such emergency medical treatment, as they deem necessary under the circumstances. I also grant permission to any responsible person to seek medical assistance in the event of any injury.
3. I understand that I bear the responsibility (financial or otherwise) of any property damage caused by myself or my child.
4. I understand that COVID-19 is highly contagious and known to spread from person-to-person contact. I agree to abide by the procedures established by the HOOPS gyms to protect children and families, I voluntarily assume the risk of exposure to or infection by COVID-19 either at HOOPS practices or games, and agree to hold harmless the HOOPS basketball program, the organizers, coaches, referees, or facility owners and operators.
More for the parents
1. I, as a parent of children in the HOOPS basketball program, give my approval to their participation in the HOOPS basketball program during the 2022 season and agree to hold my children accountable to the Children’s Terms and Conditions outlined above.
2. I understand that face coverings may be required at certain gyms for myself and my children while off the court (potential face covering rules would be imposed by our gym partners, not by HOOPS) and I agree to comply with such face covering rules.
3. I understand that all children need to be accompanied by a parent at practices and games, and I agree that either myself, my spouse, or someone specifically assigned by me will be present at the gym while my child is there.
4. I understand that all coaches, referees and HOOPS Board members are volunteers and committed to HOOPS’s goals and objectives. While the coaches, referees and HOOPS board members welcome questions and comments, I agree to refrain from publicly disparaging the coaches, referees or the HOOPS program.
5. I agree that at least one parent will attend the mandatory parent meeting on Tuesday, January 4th. I understand this is where I will receive important information about participation in the HOOPS program.
6. I understand that my children need non-marking shoes (so that we can take good care of our gyms), and that my child will be prohibited from being on the court unless he/she is wearing non-marking shoes.